Tuesday, February 23, 2010

22, Yikesaroo!


So I recently celebrated my 22nd Birthday! (February 17th to be exact)
I have to say it was one of the best birthdays I've had in a while.

I am really into birthdays...pretty much everyones...and I like to do all that I can to make sure everyone has a fantastic birthday, and the past few years I've had a hard time accepting that not everyone will always do the same.
However, this year I got to celebrate with (just about) everyone I could've hoped to!

I like to think that my birthday celebrations began while I was in NC because my parents bought me the tickets for my birthday...and so refer to previous post- that was an amazing time.

Then on Tuesday night some of my friends from school and I went to a local bar to see a band play and rang in the midnight hour (my official birthday) singing and dancing to some sweet tunes.
On Wednesday I got to go out to lunch with my roommates and a couple other friends. It was nice that they all took time out of their day just to go to lunch. Then one of my best friends and I went to a pottery painting place called The Accidental Artist, because I have always wanted to go there and paint something fun. There wasn't a better person I could've wanted to go with- because we are equally enthralled by arts and crafts activities like that and both took it equally as serious. And even though we sat in almost complete silence carefully crafting our designs, we both thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.

My pre-fired plate!Thennn on Friday night, I went home to my parent's new Pub to really celebrate! I had invited school friends, home friends, coworkers, old friends, new friends...pretty much anyone. I tend to keep my groups of friends pretty separate in my life and there was nothing I enjoyed more than having everyone I love in one place at the same time. There were some people I wish could've been there, but distance and age just didn't allow for that to happen. I am so thankful that so many people decided to come home from school or travel a short distance just to celebrate with me. I got to wear a fun dress, drink fun drinks, have almost an entire Pub sign happy birthday to me, and open such thoughtful gifts&cards. Overall...a successful 22nd!


And a BIG thank you to Holden and Nguyen for their kind birthday posts!! Love both of you very much!

0 comments: