Saturday, July 18, 2009

We're Half Way There

It's been so long since I last updated! YIKES! So much has happened in the past couple weeks that I could never do it justice just by blogging.

The Project is 'half way over', however, I prefer to say that we still have a whole half left.
It has been amazing. The students are awesome and I have found myself dreading Fridays because I am content hanging out with them.
My scrapbook is really starting to come along nicely. I have completed a few pages now and I am very pleased at how they have come out.

Some other things that occurred this past two weeks...I had a Pow Wow, I dressed up a music stand and it is now referred to as my boyfriend, I threw a Spa Party and put face masks and cucumbers on the kids, I FINALLY got to wear my Salve football jersey (Sorry Miss...I wish we could've worn them together), I had a quite successful cheerleading event, I had a few karaoke parties, I did the Hoe Down Throwdown AT a Hoe-Down and it was everything I hoped it would be, I laughed until my stomach muscles literally hurt, and I managed to escape the Week 3 plague (cross your fingers that it doesn't carry over into Week 4).
So much more has happened but I really just can't even remember anymore.

Tonight I went to the Billy Joel and Elton John concert and it was incredible! I'm not a huge concert-goer so I don't really have many other concerts to compare it to but they were awesome and picked such good songs to play and they ended with Piano Man so I really couldn't ask for anything more!

I slightly feel like I am living in a dream at the moment and I need to be pinched. I feel like every day just passes me by so quickly and I go through a very similar routine that I am not appreciating all the things I'm doing at the time. Sometimes I wish I had the power to make time stand still. I count down the days til this time every year and it makes me sad when I can't remember every minute of every day. The next few weeks I am going to work hard to let everything that is going on around me to soak it in and appreciate it. Then hopefully I will have more to blog about!

Finally, I must mention how extremely excited I am that the weather has finally turned around and actually gotten warmer. We even made it through an entire week without rain! Hallelujah!

Let's make time slow down... ready, set, go!

0 comments: