Sunday, July 5, 2009

Happy 4th Of July!!

I am sure that this is my favorite time of the year. I like Christmas and my birthday and all those exciting things, but every year when the 4th rolls around I am at my happiest.

The Project is underway and if you ask me I'd say we're off to a running start.


In the past week I have shook hands with more people in 15 minutes than I probably did all year, created an 8 foot jail out of paper, played 4-square, skip-it, colored with chalk, recieved friendship bracelets, had a paper snowball fight, had a dance party, dressed in all 'gold', did the hoe-down throwdown at a real dance, and reunited with many people that I missed very much. I don't care what you do during the summer...my job wins.


Anyways...that is just a small list of things that I crammed into the past 8 days. I wish I could make time slow down, I wish I could remember every minute of everyday so that 5 weeks from now I could sit down and enjoy all the little things that occurred. However, I am positive that just as in the past 2 years, the big picture at the end of the summer will be one I won't forget.


This 4th of July weekend was also spectacular. I am arrived home on Thursday to find my favorite 4 month old at my house ready to drool all over me. He is wayyy too cute to even care. Its funny how you can only know someone for 4 months and go through withdrawals everyday that you're not around them. This baby melts my heart and I love him. I then stayed in and enjoyed all the rest and relaxation I could.

The 3rd of July has always been a favorite of mine. For the past 9 years I have gone to the same beach with just about all the same people. This year I only made an appearance at this beach which is unusual behavior for me...but things in life are changing and whether we like it or not, I think we just have to accept it. I am very glad that I got to see those people though, I miss them a lot. Later that night I went to a cookout, which was very very fun and I am also glad that I did not miss that gathering as well.

The actual 4th was filled with sisterly bonding, fireworks, and some low-key 'hanging out'.


It's very tough to catch up my blog with everything that has happened in my life the past week or so, but I will put an end to this very long post with a picture of those Gold leggings I previously blogged about, being worn in all their glory...

0 comments: