Saturday, September 5, 2009

Student Teaching!!

So, yesterday I finished up my first week of Student Teaching! It is just so crazy to me that I have been thinking about my student teaching since freshmen year and even when I was applying to Salve and they talk about it at all the open houses and things...and it is actually here!

This week was incredible! I have already learned so much in just one week! My cooperating teacher is phenominal. She is so energetic, fun, and loving with the kids and she is so kind to me. She really has made me feel so comfortable in her classroom and demands that the students respect me the same way they do her.

The school that I am at is beautiful! All the teachers that work there are so nice and friendly and the actual building is really nice! We have a door in our classroom that opens up to the outside...right to the playground! It's incredible! Andddd it is about a one minute drive to the beach and my new favorite place.. Ocean Mist!

The second graders in my class are the most adorable kids you will ever meet! They are so cute and funny. They are also really smart too! I am so impressed by their reading levels, drawing abilities, math skills, etc.! Just about everything they say makes me laugh but my favorite kid anecedote of the week was when we were telling the students the importance of being themselves and liking themselves for who they are and accepting others despite their differences, we asked them to all share something they were good at. Many of the answers were things like 'Im good at baseball' or 'I'm a good big sister' or 'I'm good at dancing'. But my favorite of all answers was from one of my favorite children in the entire world when he said 'I am good at being myself'! Ahh melts my heart! So precious!
I got to spend my week painting rainbows, coloring a puzzle piece, drawing a picture of myself, and getting to know 21 amazing second graders! What more could you ask for?? I have a feeling it is going to be a great 8 weeks! (I am, however, not so much looking forward to the whole Salve classes/seminar thing that is going to happen after next week....things could be getting much more stressful!)
On the last note, I can't believe that the Project has been over for almost a month! Jeez, I thought that time was flying by while I was there! I am so incredibly glad that many of those people have still been keeping in touch...hearing from them never fails to put a smile on my face.

Definitely more updates on the lives on second graders!! There is just so much to include!


My First Day of School Outfit!
All their little backpacks!! So cute!

0 comments: