Sunday, June 14, 2009

The Cape

I spent the past few days at my beach house in the Cape. Despite the rain and not so nice weather, I had a super fun time. I got to see my school friends which was fabulous since it might be awhile since I will see them again, and spent some quality time and catching up with home friends.

Thursday was spent going out to dinner, playing Cranium, and drinking.
Friday was really rainy so we slept late, relaxed around the house, then got Arnolds (delicioussss food...where we also met the famous yellow lobster, Fiona), then we came home, drank, and played more games.
Saturday was finally a nice day so we spent most of the day on the beach. Got some color...wooo! We had big plans to go to the drive-in that night but unfortunately a whole lot of fog rolled in so we rented Milk instead and curled up on the couch. Milk is an awesome movie and I would strongly reccommend it! Then we all were in bed by about 10:30 reading our novels. We have turned into 60 year women apparently.

So...I finished My Sister's Keeper. I don't think i've ever read a book of that length in such a short time...for example: I started reading Sisters by Danielle Steel last summer (or the summer before, I can't even remember it's been so long) and I've still only made it to page 100. Don't worry- i've read other books between then. Ok...that wasn't the point...the point is that My Sister's Keeper was definitely one of the best books I've ever read. I was addicted to it and so sucked in that I felt like a character in the story. If you are reading this post, and haven't already read this book, I would suggest shutting down the computer and reading immediately. The ending was such a surprise...and even though everyone kept telling me that...I was still so completely surprised. If I cried easily...I would've cried. Anywho...read this book, it's fantastic.

0 comments: